Saturday 31 March 2012

The Bucket is Getting Fuller

Tim and I just arrived home from Niagara Falls and wow, did we have a fantastic time! We left after he was done work on Friday, getting in just in time for a late dinner and a spring snow storm.  We stayed at the Red Coach Inn on the New York side of Niagara and I can't recommend it highly enough. It was built in 1923 and is incredibly Victorian in decor, (Tim said he felt like he was staying at his Grandma's house) but it was also so quaint and unique and has such a rich history that we quite fell in love with it. The hotel was very conveniently located about a 5 minute walk to the Falls and we could actually see the rapids from our room.  Breakfast was complimentary and the strawberry and cream cheese french toast was INCREDIBLE!





Our entrance


Our room - The Canterbury

The other room on our floor - the Cambridge boy liked that one.
I have never seen so many different wallpapers in one hotel room...

Or antique nic-nacs...

Tim searching his restaurant app for a lively restaurant...

We went for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and had a great time listening to music and people-watching.


We shared a Creme Brulee which is our favorite dessert...

This morning was a little on the nippy side, but because I'm a Prairie girl I wasn't allowed to complain. I have always wanted to see the falls and I was so happy to be able to cross it off my bucket list - and experiencing it with Tim just made it that much better. 


I was surprised how "pungent" the falls were - ugh...what is THAT SMELL anyway?

After seeing the falls, we decided to head over to the outlet mall with no intention of spending much money. Wrong.  I found myself a beautiful Michael Kors silver and rose gold watch for an absolute steal! (Sorry Marly) There were several other purchases made and let's just say it's a good thing the border guard didn't decide to search the car. Had they gotten suspicious, I was totally prepared to pull the "C" card, turn on the tears, show my port and explain that I was simply there as a canser patient trying to experience something I've never experienced before. What's a girl to do? We were only there 24 hours and had a $50 limit...evil grin.


Marlys texted me today to say that she had been at Myra's house and saw Bailey - she said my baby was visibly disappointed when she realized Mar wasn't me.  I can't even tell you how much I miss her - I picture her looking morose and sad without me, kind of like she does in this picture, even though she LOVES Myra and probably hasn't given me a second thought.





For those of you who texted us over the past two days to ask if we were planning on eloping, sorry to disappoint you but no, we did not.  It was a great idea Jody and Linda, but I just couldn't get married in jeans - just wouldn't be right. 

My final morning at Casa Bender included one of my favorite treats - mimosas with breakfast! Thanks to the Red Coach Inn, where we were left with a lovely little bottle of champagne. We saved it for our last morning together and man, were they good!

 
Unfortunately, drinking champagne in the morning put me right back to sleep and I missed a good portion of my last day in Cambridge. Oh well, lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment