Sunday 18 March 2012

Beautiful Birthday Weekend

I just got home from dropping Tim at the airport and I have to say this was one of the best birthday weekends I can ever remember having. It's one thing to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day and another thing entirely to have a birthday on St. Patrick's day that ALSO falls on Saturday! Throw in a little canser and BAM! A girl gets a tonne of attention!  Not that I typically like being the centre of attention, but it sure makes you feel good on your birthday to get so many wishes. I was incredibly moved by the gifts, cards, calls and thoughts that came from my family, Tim's family and so many friends all across the country.  Thank you all.

It meant the world to me that Tim was able to fly in for the weekend to spend my birthday with me.  That would have been more than enough to keep me happy this weekend, but he absolutely spoiled me - both with gifts and actions.  While I napped this afternoon, he made me Morrocan Lentil soup (thanks to Mar and her recipe) so that I have lunches this week and don't have to cook. What a guy. 

First of all, a little Bailey update...
She started the day looking like this:





And ended up looking like this:

How cute is her Spring look???
She's like a different dog. And the Spring Shed just got a whole lot easier!

Thanks to Kristie for orchestrating a fun night out at Earl's - we had a blast! The ONLY things missing were Kristie and Scott - turned out after putting the night together she was unable to get off work. You were dearly missed my friends.

We managed to get some good shots of all the couples and a few of the group. Also, at the end of the evening, a pipe band and Irish dancers came in and performed three songs. It was all very festive and felt like a big party for me. In fact, Tim *MIGHT* have intimated that he was responsible for the entertainment, saying that he planned it especially for me.  Not sure HOW gullible he thinks I am, but whatever. We had a lot of laughs and I filled my belly with all kinds of food and beverages NOT on my diet. It was fantastic.

 
Chantelle, Tim, Kelly, Me, Marlys and Lance



The Cory's

The Morrison's

The soon-to-be Bender's



Lanny's BLATANT attempt to get on the blog!

Pipe and Drum band


While dropping Tim at the airport I ran into an old buddy who works for a medical device company. After catching him up on my health situation, he asked me to call him next week when he gets back from his business trip b/c he believes that his company has a new technology that could help me. He didn't say anything beyond that but, you can bet I will call him as soon as he is home to hear what he has to say. It was great timing to run into someone who is willing to talk about options with me, especially on the eve of my CT results. I truly believe some things really happen for a reason, and people enter your life for a purpose and this is just an example of that exact thing.  It may very well be that nothing comes of it, but at this point I am willing to listen to anyone's ideas.

That's it for tonight, I need a decent sleep so I can be on my game tomorrow. I will definitely update you tomorrow after getting my results.

Take good care.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated, Barb! Looks like a good time was had by all. I'm so glad about your recent good news! It's funny what we call good news, isn't it? It's all relative. And you just got relatively GREAT news! It does help rally one's enthusiasm for chemo, doesn't it? Die, canser cells, DIE!!

    ReplyDelete