Tuesday 27 March 2012

A Taste of the Prairies

Sitting in William's Coffee Pub once again, Tim is doing some quick preliminary admin to start his day and I am enjoying a coffee in the sunshine. I have to apologize to my girls out west, forgot the cell phone at home this morning, so if you don't hear from me today, that's why. Tim would let me use his phone, but to be honest, I don't know how to use it and it just pisses me off.  Although, Nance, if you're there and want to chat before your trip, call his phone, I'm sure I can figure out how to answer it.


We went out for a very nice dinner last night at Borealis, a restaurant in Kitchener that specializes in local, organic food with a special gluten-free menu.  The seasonal menu incorporated "A Taste of the Prairies", so I felt right at home. We met our very good friend Erin and her long-time beau Chris, whom up until recently, we have referred to as "Snuffleupagus."  We knew he existed but had never actually seen him with our own eyes.


What a cute couple...

It has been almost a year since I've seen Erin, it was last Spring that we got together with a group of Janssen-alum ladies (Lesley, Betty and Linda) to see the Blue Jays get absolutely spanked by the Tigers.  It was so good to see her again, and see her so happy.  We did a good job of avoiding any tears, and laughed until my cheeks hurt. Amazing how a few well-timed fart stories can reduce an entire table of 30-somethings to a giggling mass of sophomoric children.  All I can say is there was some wildly inappropriate conversation and I feel for the folks sitting around us.  I also feel for poor Chris, who is currently working on his CGA and was forced to sit through an entire evening of three pharma reps, catching up on all the people we know in common, old stories from meetings going back almost ten years and the mode of action of Erin's new anti-constipation drug.  Hey! I HAD to know, I do have bowel canser people! Anyway, he was an absolute trooper and it was a great night all around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment