Thursday 29 March 2012

Double Duty at BP



We had a lovely dinner last night at Boston Pizza with Tim's parents, and his niece and nephew.  I wasn't on-the-ball enough to pull out the camera and get a few shots though, which is too bad.  It is so cute watching the kids interact with Papa and Gramma and their cousins and it gave me the chance to get to know Tim's mom, Barb a little better. (Funny that she too is a Barb and has a dog named Bailey.) She herself is a cancer survivor and has been a great source of support through all this, commiserating about the side effects of chemo and how to deal with it emotionally. I am so lucky that Tim's parents are who they are, the have made me feel so welcome as a part of the family even though we have only met a few times.

Oddly enough we ended up at Boston Pizza again today for lunch too.  We were so happy to have had a visit from our good friends Andy and Lesley. Again, I forgot to pull the camera out of my purse, so I don't have any current pics of them but below are some oldies from my Janssen days.  It was so sweet of them to come all this way just to have a quick lunch with us, and SO GREAT to catch up on everything new in their lives.

Andy is one of Tim's best friends and because we worked together I have known him longer than I've know Tim. He is getting married the first weekend in May to his beautiful lady Pearl. She called while we were having lunch and although she didn't make it today, I got the chance to chat with her for awhile. I have only met her once before, but we hit it off right away and I can't wait to see them get married - they make a beautiful couple.  Anyone who knows Andy well, knows that he is an incredibly sweet man, and he has shown this side of himself many times throughout my journey - always checking in through email and text.  As you may or may not know, Tim and I got engaged the night before my surgery, amidst the chaos of my diagnosis and some really hard times.  I received dozens of Get Well cards, but Andy and Pearl chose to focus on the positive, and theirs was one of the few Congratulations on Your Engagement cards we received. And it was so good for my soul.



National Meeting circa 2006 - A rose between two thorns - HA!


Lesley and I have known each other since the very beginning at Janssen, (almost 11 years, yikes!) as we were in the same training group and have lots of shared memories - from getting the giggles during our video role plays at training to her taking care of me in a back alley in San Francisco while I was suffering from food poisoning.  She really is one of the most genuine people I know and one of the things I love most about her is her heart.  She is a self-professed weeper, but is very quick to laugh and has always been an amazing sounding board - both in business and personally. She never ceases to amaze me with her depth of character and and her caring nature.  She is one of the good ones and I am so glad to know her.


Our last national meeting together - we had a blast at Universal studios!







We had the kids tonight for a quiet evening at home. It was bath night and after having a nice supper courtesy of Tim and his culinary excellence, we cuddled on the couch to eat popcorn and watch Rio. Very cute movie that the kids LOVE to shake their tail feathers to, so it was entertaining on a couple of levels. 


Almost bedtime, I am beat and want a good night's sleep as tomorrow we head to Niagara. The weather is looking a little dodgey but luckily I am a Prairie girl who always comes prepared with an extra pair of long underwear! Good night everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment