Wednesday 28 March 2012

Spring Daffodils

Sitting in a Starbucks drinking a soy steamer while Tim tries to convince me that it tastes just as good as his Peppermint Mocha.  Jerk-Store.

It's been a very busy few days - Tim has said that his social calendar is busier this week than it's been the last 6 months and all because of me. What can I say? I'm a popular girl.

We went to watch the kids at gymnastics yesterday after school. It's incredible to me that they can get little kids to pay attention that long, especially after a full day of school.  I found it very entertaining to watch all the little kids on the various gymnastics equipment - and was once again reminded why I was never a gymnast.  This is a girl who was never able to perfect a simple cartwheel, so the balance beam and tumbling routines would have been totally out of the question.

We are lucky enough that our friends Andrew and Mel just happen to be in Ontario this week as well - they are in visiting from Halifax with their newborn baby.  We went for dinner with them last night at the Keg (Tim's favorite). Also joining us was another couple that Tim has known since university, Darren and Christine. I have heard so much about them that it was nice to finally put faces to the names and stories. Once again, great food and lots of laughs were had by all.  I truly believe that there are few things on this planet tastier than a Keg Caesar. I'll let YOU decide whether I mean the drink or the salad. It was lucky that they have little kids at home and were ready to call it a night at 9:30pm, b/c it turns out I'm pooped most nights by then.  This is rather pathetic when one realizes that it is really 7:30pm my time. 


For anyone who is interested, the cinnamon hair is lightening quite quickly and I am looking more and more like myself.  Or maybe I am just getting used to it. 

I had a hoot playing with Avers and Riley this morning before school, they are so sweet and so smart. I have to say that I am way past smitten at this point and completely a goner when it comes to those two.  We have them tonight and have plans to go out for dinner with Tim's folks and niece and nephew. 

A couple of final notes - you have all heard me speak about Chantelle and how incredible she has been through this whole thing. Well yesterday, she and her colleagues spent the day delivering daffodils for the cancer society in honour of me.  When she first told me a couple of weeks ago that one of her teammates, Brenda had made the suggestion to do this and the entire team ran with it, it gave me tears.  Hugs to my friends at GSK - Chant, Brenda, Dave and Banker.  You guys are awesome. 



I also received such a nice Facebook message from a friend of a friend today (thank you Jean) whom I have never met personally but who took time out of her day to send me an incredibly genuine note, complimenting me on the blog and sending along great words of encouragement. Once again, if there is anything this whole process has taught me, it is that there seems to be an unlimited supply of goodness and generosity all around me. Have a fabulous day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment