Friday 2 March 2012

Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen...

Today was my first foray back into gym-life. Wow. How was THAT for a reality check?  It was wildly humbling to realize how much strength and endurance I have lost.  My trainer Kendra used to take personal pride in my posterior and shoulders - poor thing has her work cut out for her to get me back to where I used to be. I needed a two hour nap just to recover from an hour spent at the gym! Brutal. Good news is that I was still able to do the requisite push-ups - they weren't pretty but they happened, and I am going to be content with that for now.  The very best part was getting to catch up with Keke and hear her big, booming laugh again. Good for the soul. Thanks Lady.


Just one last complaint before bed - the ACNE and blotchiness is getting worse! I know I shouldn't complain, especially considering what Nance has been going through the past few days, but SERIOUSLY? Is this just a phase or is it my new reality? And will it get worse with subsequent treatments? It's one thing to lose 20 lbs and have a 6 inch vertical mid-line scar on my tummy - does this damn illness HAVE to affect my face too? Ugh! And after all the chemical peels I have endured to have baby-fine, clear skin? What a pisser.


Wait a second! One MORE compliant before bed....I am boycotting the Brier. Tim had plans to come in for the weekend but couldn't get a flight into Saskatoon and the only thing I can blame it on is the Brier. Why else would flights be sold out to Saskatchewan in early March? So in protest, I've decided that you won't see me shot-gunning beers or rockin' out to Kim Mitchell at the Brier Patch this year and there certainly will be no curling on my TV. Well, not until Daddio comes back anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment