Monday 26 March 2012

Hello From Cambridge!

Man, is it COLD here! Wow! It was 17 degrees yesterday but today is brisk to say the least. Being a Prairie Girl means I am NOT used to this damp cold (-4 and windy). Tim rolls his eyes every time I say that!

The flight was uneventful - I had to be up at 3:30am Saturday morning to be at the airport at 5am for a 6am flight and slept the majority of the way. I wore a mask while on the flight and drank plenty of water to avoid picking up any bugs on the plane. The girl sitting next to me covered her face with her hood the entire way - not sure if she was worried that I was infectious because of the mask or she was just worried about getting sick too.  Funny, I always thought people who wore masks on airplanes were a little nuts, not anymore. Chantelle bought me the masks when I first started chemo and just to be clear, they are pink and quite fashionable as far as surgical masks go....leave it to her to buy the pretty ones.

I am having a great time with Tim and the kids...check out the welcome I got at the airport!

Riley and Avery




We had the kids all weekend, watched some movies...and cuddled.











 Made a trip to Costco for new bike helmets....






Painted Avers' toes...





And had lunch at "King Burger"....Tim has been doing a good job of filling me with a combination of health food and burgers - hey, I'm in vacation-mode and it had been 6 months since I had a Mac. And longer since I had a Whopper.  Broke that streak and quite handily, I might add.


That is the satisfied look of a girl who just ate her first burger in months...

 

I have been feeling surprisingly good since getting here, a little tired here and there, but nothing I can't handle. We played outside in shirt-sleeves yesterday - blowing bubbles and playing tag.  Pretty impressive for a girl on Day #5 after chemo.

We have a busy week ahead, looking forward to seeing Tim's family, lots of friends and spending the weekend at Niagara...can you believe I have never seen the Falls? Every time I've been there in the past with work, we have been too busy at the wineries (oh the good old days with Linda and Mary and Mick and Bob and Lesley) to see the sights. I can't wait! 

Have a great week everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment