Thursday 15 March 2012

Great Love and Miracles

If this is the case, I can't lose.





For a girl who was hanging out on the dark side for awhile this morning, I ended up having a great day. First of all, less than 24 hours until Tim gets here. YAY! 
I felt so good physically that I took Bailey for an hour long walk, did a tonne of housework and ran a bunch of errands.  I feel like I got more accomplished today than I have in any day since this whole thing started.  As I was driving by St. Jo's, I saw this sign and had to circle the block to take a pic because it struck me so.  Call it divine intervention or coincidence or dumb luck - but it was exactly the kick in the pants I needed. I guess I didn't realize it was going to be this tough waiting for the results of my scan, but the good thing is I have a fun weekend to look forward to keep my mind busy.  The sign reminded me of a coffee mug that Diane (Kristie's mom) gave me when I was first diagnosed that says "Do Not Believe in Miracles, Rely On Them."  I use it almost every day but had forgotten about the message. 
Congrats to Jason, Tonya, Carson and Cooper on their new baby boy Aiden!!! So, so happy for you and can't wait to meet him!


 Random Thoughts:
  • Bulk Barn is BRILLIANT! Great place to get affordable gluten-free food and super fun to window-drool, I mean window-shop for Easter candy that I can't eat. Sigh.
  • The fact that Daughtry was at one time voted off of American Idol is the reason I stopped watching. In hindsight, it was very likely the best thing for his career and my appreciation of his music.  I only watch it now because Steven Tyler is so damn amusing. P.s. I covet his manicure.
  • I want bad food.
  • I was WILDLY pissed off at the MOA (medical office assistant) from my clinic who gave me the WRONG results from last week's blood tests. How do I know? Because I got a snail-mail copy today and it was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what she told me. It was only a test to measure my Vit D level, but she told me it was so high (232) that it was approaching toxic levels, when in fact it is very much on the low side (127) and I could definitely use a top-up. I mean seriously? It's not like it was 232 and 132 or 227 and 127 - it wasn't even CLOSE!!!! Vit D levels are VERY important for keeping infection at bay and fighting canser and SOMEONE is going to get a very strict talking-to next week at my appointment.  (For those of you who know me well, this is laughable. It rarely matters how pissed off I am or how much someone screws up - I hate confrontation and avoid it at all costs.)
  • Pam Nistor made me howl (snorts and all) today by her extreme over-use of the word CREEP.  Oddly enough, coming from her it sounds like a term of endearment. Kind of like when I call Tim "Jackass" or "Jerk-Store."
  • Marlys made me howl because after having dental surgery today she is unable to talk so she texted me to tell me how happy that makes her husband. (Jerk-Store) And how she has every plan to utilize her BBM to get her point across anyway. Ha!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, Waiting is hell! Just when you think you've learned patience, it's no where to be found! Keeping busy is good. :)
    Have a great weekend.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey........ I read your blog Barbie.......look forward to seeing u on your birthday..... Love the JERK-STORE.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete