Monday 12 March 2012

Tasty Gluten-Free????

Quick hats-off to Merriam-Webster because man, do I have a case of the stupids today. This previously self-proclaimed, anal-retentive, detail-oriented, grammatical and spelling fanatic couldn't remember how to spell "tasty."  Yikers.

It's been a quiet few days as 5 and 6 tend to be.  Lots of sleeping and laying around.  I had a few visitors today - Mardi, who once again brought me a gluten-free meal! So awesome on these days when the last thing I feel like doing is cooking.  The good news is that the old taste buds seem to be coming around again and the soup actually tasted GOOD!






Chantelle popped by just before supper with, you guessed it....a Booster Juice! And some good conversation - it perked me up a bit.  I REALLY should be asleep already since she is picking me up before 7am for my CT scan but for some reason the noggin doesn't seem to want to slow down yet.  For a girl who's gotten used to getting up whenever the hell I want, this 6am wake-up could be a little tricky, especially since I had to drink two cups of 'contrast' before bed and now I will likely be up several times tonight. 

The port is still ugly as sin, but the bruising seems to be fading a bit and again, it's itchy as anything so I guess that means it's healing.  I am looking forward to what the weather reporters suggest could be an 18 degree day tomorrow! In Saskatchewan! In March! I am NOT holding my breath, but stranger things have happened....

No comments:

Post a Comment