Friday 9 March 2012

Take Your PICC!

Day #3 - ANOTHER day spent at the Canser clinic - got my bottle of 5-FU removed and my PICC Line taken out.  Telly was there to take a few pics of the procedure - very simple, but that didn't stop me from drugging myself up before going.  

The final cleaning...

About to pull out the line...
Pam showing me the end of the catheter.


Doesn't look TOO bad...

One little bandage.
Pam said I would only have to leave the bandage on for a few hours, that it shouldn't bleed and will close up quite quickly. Now it's just a matter of my puckered skin relaxing from the constant bandages. And two weeks until my PORT is healed up and ready to use and the FREEDOM to shower again! Whoot Whoot!

Slept the entire afternoon away and just had a great "Dinner at Your Door " meal - looking forward to a relaxing night cuddled up with Bailey. Have a great weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment