Sunday 19 February 2012

SHU-SHI Anyone?

It was a bit of a rough week for me - I apologize to those of you who contacted me with no response around Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.  I was up sick all night on Wednesday and as a result, Thursday was a complete write-off - other than to get my PICC-line dressing changed when the homecare nurse came by, I was in bed all day.
Friday was a great day though! Although I was still feeling a wee bit off, I managed to get up and get going enough to meet the girls for a belated birthday lunch for my dear friend Sonya.  That morning, we woke up in Saskatoon to a gloriously crisp day - beautifully sunny and the trees were dripping in hoar frost.  On the way to Earl's, I stopped by the weir to take a few shots of the river...


It was so good to get out and catch up with Sonya, BBF and Chantelle - we had a BUNCH of good belly laughs. Sonya, you are hilarious...remember - 40 is the new 30! I can't wait to see your vacation pictures..;-)


HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY LADY!






Then, for the very first time EVER - Tim's flight was not only ON TIME, it was actually EARLY. Almost half an hour early.  Have you ever heard of anything so amazing?  Never thought I'd say THIS, but KUDOS TO AIR CANADA!!!  
Friday night we went out for one of the nicest dinners out we have ever had - Sushiro off Broadway. I haven't been there in years, but it was the perfect combination of intimate atmosphere, incredible food, amazing service and great company.  Of course, it also meant an opportunity for Tim to fill me with as much green tea, miso soup, edamame and lean protein as I could handle - which is right in line with all the anti-canser diets he has been researching - so win-win.  That night, during the evening phone call with Dad he asked what we had for dinner - when I told him Sushi, he said "Shushi?"  After explaining the concept of raw fish and how healthy it can be for you, he just laughed at me.  I guess if it's not beer-batter fried pickeral, he's just not interested.

Before the sushi-coma...
Always with the pinky up...

Super night! Friday night was the FIRST night since Tim was last here that I slept 9 solid hours - straight through the night. For a girl who suffers from insomnia these days, it was the best medicine I could get. Happy sigh. 





No comments:

Post a Comment