Saturday 4 February 2012

Missing the Occasional Starbucks Break...

Ok, so it turns out that one of the most annoying dual side effects of my canser treatment is a nerve-grating juxtaposition of extreme fatigue paired with insomnia. What the hell? Seriously? I spent the ENTIRE day yawning and NOW I can't sleep? In what world is this fair?  It is 3:30 in the morning...I should be enjoying a nice bit of REM sleep but instead I am wide awake playing, you guessed it....FreeCell. This made all the more annoying by the fact that I actually feel good physically - no back pain, no flank pain, no cramping or sore throat.  Nothing left to do but blog I guess. 
I spent the morning running errands with Chantelle - a medical appointment to get some insurance forms filled out, picked up my new wig, and had an extra notch put in my favorite belt because it is "JUST TOO BIG". First of all, I am disappointed to say that despite my best efforts, I have not gained any weight. Bah. Seriously, I may have to resort to a McDonald's/Tim Horton's diet...because the bacon and eggs obviously just aren't cutting it. The good news though is that my hair seems to be holding it's own for now, it is getting thinner, but not noticeably so. I also picked up my second month's supply of naltrexone, hoping and praying that it will be the wonder drug for me.  Also on the canser front, I finally got word from Best Doctors that they now have everything they need to re-evaluate my case and give me a second opinion regarding my prognosis and treatments. How long THAT will take remains to be seen.
Tim moved into the new townhouse today and did a great job of sending me pictures throughout the day - amazing how much one determined man and an army of movers can do in one day. Then Kristie came over bearing 2 dozen chicken wings, which we paired with a Dinner at Your Door salad - only thing missing was a nice Coors Light and Clam. 
P.s. The green tea is getting a little old already. I'd give a weeks pay for a peppermint mocha with whip cream and chocolate shavings....
Finally feeling a little tired, lets see what counting sheep and a gravol or two can do...

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog Barbie! Beautiful picture on the top. Sorry to see you are posting when you should be sleeping. Ain't insomnia a bitch? Good luck tonight, I will be sending sleepy thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete