Sunday 12 February 2012

Once Again, Spanks was Right...

Why do I even question it anymore?  She's right.  The very best way to get through chemotherapy is to do so either A.) Asleep or B.) Stoned.  I have to admit, after the "easy" time I had last time, Old Barbie-Girl got a little cocky and neglected to heed those wise words of advice, "Don't be a hero, Ativan is your friend."  Until today when Tim literally marched me up to my bedroom to take a little anti-anxiety medication and an entire afternoon of restful and much-needed healing sleep.  And that my friends was the beginning of the TSN Turning Point. Thank you Nancy, Tim and the entire class of  benzodiazepines - things are much better now. Happy sigh.


And just to ease everyone's mind, the tum is full thanks to Chantelle and Kristie cooking me breakfast, my good girlfriend Mardi delivering a booster juice shake, Mar bringing a tub of yummy beet borscht and good old Parchy driving halfway across the city not once but TWICE to get me a Red Sunrise. Sometimes it really DOES take a village - especially when the "child" is tired and cranky and unwilling to ask for help. Thank you my dear friends.


Sleepy, more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment