Sunday 5 February 2012

Seth Rogan and Chicken Wings - does it get any better?

I had a great weekend! Kristie came over Friday night, armed with two dozen chicken wings  (man I love chicken wings)  that we balanced out quite nicely with one of Jason's super healthy salads. On Saturday, Chantelle and Kelly picked me up to go take a boo at the new Circle Drive extension bridge - amazing that one day soon Circle Drive will actually BE a circle!





Then Saturday night they had me over for dinner and a couple of movies and can I just say that Chantelle and I found a jewel in the rough. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen - Paul. I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous, but it was a RIOT! Kristen Wiig was as funny as I have EVER seen her...Seth Rogan's voice coming out of that little alien was hysterical and Jason Bateman is ALWAYS funny.


Today it was brunch with the Morrison's - I'm pretty sure Chantelle is taking it upon herself to single-handedly get me back to my fighting weight. Then Scott and Kristie brought Sophie over for a visit with Auntie Barbie...nothing better than chocolate mint Girl Guide cookies I always say!






I felt really good this weekend - very few residual side effects from my last chemo and even less from the surgery! Whoot Whoot - good things are happening!
This my dear friends is what I have begun to affectionately refer to as the "calm before the s**t storm" of chemo week. I will check in with you next week and you can gauge if this level of cockiness has survived by Day 5.  On second thought, this feeling of invincibility could be explained away by the Ativan I took a few hours ago....peace out!




No comments:

Post a Comment