Wednesday 15 February 2012

Hump-Day...Half-Way to the Weekend

I have decided that today is going to be a good day. There are a great many things to be grateful for and today I am going to find and reflect upon every single one I can think of.  On the very top of my list is that Tim is coming in for the weekend and will be here for my next chemo treatment. I will be lucky enough to have him here for a few days prior to chemo while I am (fingers crossed) feeling good, and we plan to take full advantage.  Movies, dinner, some shopping. I can't wait to have a few days of 'normal' again.  It will be SO GOOD for my soul. 

 ***

Also good for my soul is my daily chat with the Nistor Twister.  It doesn't matter how depressed, grumpy, road-raging or just plain bitchy we are - typically by the end of a telephone conversation with Pam we have laughed until my tummy hurts, cried a few tears, and dropped enough F-sharps to make a sailor blush. The reason I bring this up is because just a few days ago this very thing happened - we were completely miserable for a variety of reasons and after 10 minutes on the phone, all was right with the world.  For me anyway. And one amazing thing that Tim has taught me is how important it is to recognize people for the good things they do. 


She is a source of never-ending optimism for me, and her innate sense of compassion and empathy is one of her best traits.  She also happens to be one of the most gregarious, in-your-face, larger-than-life personalities I know.  And there isn't a person alive that can rock a black turtleneck like her. Kudos Dude.


 ***

Came across this story a few days ago and thought I'd share it:
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/health/Cancer+survivor+made+chemotherapy/6142859/story.html
Just so we are clear, I have NO INTENTION of showing up at the canser clinic on Wednesday looking like this:





Or this:



Or even this:
Although if it was football season and the Riders were doing well, I'd consider it.


HOWEVER, I LOVE the idea and I may even pop by the bookstore on the weekend to get a copy of "Never Leave Your Wingman" for myself. A girl can't get too much inspiration these days...

***









No comments:

Post a Comment