Monday 6 February 2012

Embrace Life...

Well, T-1 and counting.  Since tomorrow is Chemo Day and the beginning of my 5 "Days in Hiding", I had a tonne to accomplish today. Luckily Chantelle was available to drive me first thing to the Canser Clinic for my blood work and follow-up with the Oncologist.  Wow - it was the busiest I have ever seen it in that building. I guess Canser has been pretty busy drop-kicking lots of other poor slobs recently too - and sadly we saw at least two other gentlemen my age or younger and a little girl no more than 7. Stupid Canser.

The appointment went well, my oncologist was very positive about my progress so far. And by progress, I mean that the second round wasn't the "Hell-Raiser" (his words, not mine) that the first one was. 

One thing I wanted to show off a bit today is a gift that my good friend Marlys gave to me soon after my surgery. I don't know how well you can read it, my photography skills aren't what they could be but engraved on the outside of the bracelet it says "f**k cancer".  Kinda says it all, don't you think?



And on the inside it says "EMBRACE LIFE"... An even better message, if you ask me.


I wear it every single day and I can't impress upon you enough the strength that I get from it - both in the message and in the spirit in which it was given.  Thank you my dear friend.


One thing that is often forgotten when something like this happens is how much it affects the people around you - and I just want to let you all know how very much it means to me that you are thinking of me these days, calling, texting, emailing, visiting, and following the blog. Hugs to all. See you on the flip-side.

1 comment:

  1. Bahhh. Now I'm a blubbering fool. Love you so much my friend. I'm glad you love the bracelet but your strength comes from within. You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete