Monday 14 May 2012

The Week in Review

Well everyone, I am home safe and sound, cuddled up in my little bed missing Tim and the kids and Bailey because I don't get to pick her up until tomorrow! The flight was uneventful except for the creepy older couple seated next to me who seemed "this close" to joining the Mile High Club. Seriously? He couldn't keep his meat hooks off her the entire flight. It was wildly uncomfortable, but luckily I was wearing my little pink surgical mask so they couldn't see the look of horror on my face.  Needless to say I spent a good deal of time looking out the window and realized that Saskatchewan really IS as flat as everyone says it is:


Chantelle picked me up from the airport right in the middle of a Mother's Day dinner she was having for her mom, Linda and Kelly's mom, Gerrie. So she invited me back to her house for dessert and Man oh Man, was it fantastic! Grilled cinnamon pineapple and fieldberry cobbler. Hello! I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  (Maybe not the BEST analogy.) That whole grilled pineapple thing might be the best thing I have ever tasted. Yum.
My face and mouth and teeth and gums are aching. I am not telling you this simply to complain about a little pain, (Lord knows I've dealt with my fair share the past months) but to complain about the fact that I have waited ALL WEEK to try the "Magic Mouthwash" prescription I got last week and guess what? I can't get the damn bottle open. Seriously, there is some kind of plunger-thingy in the bottle that makes it a virtual Fort Knox of prescription bottles. It's like putting a child safety lock on arthritis medication - safety before functionality. Awesome.
And now for a recap of the last 4 days - I had a very nice visit with two of my favorite ladies on Thursday afternoon - Linda and Mary, two former colleagues from Janssen, but definitely forever-friends. They have both been so good about keeping in touch with me through all this and it was so good to get together.




Below are some of my favorite pics from the past couple of days spent with Tim and the kids:

Thursday night was "Date Night", so we went for sushi and a movie...
SUCH a fun movie - quite entertaining and I didn't even mind Scarlett Johansson, which is saying SOMETHING, because I typically can't stomach her.



Princess Avery

Daddy and his little girl.

Riley showing off his muscles


Nice day for a swing
Avers wasn't convinced she was going to like mini-golf, but she turned out to be the ringer of the foursome and can't wait to go again.



Poor Riley was still sick and only managed about 12 of the 18 holes, but he was a little trooper.


Birthday party pics to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment