Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 8



Ok, so it's becoming obvious to me that as this chemo thing goes on, my side effects seem to be delayed and seem to last longer. Awesome. I did feel MUCH better today than yesterday, but that's not saying much.  I was able to go out and get a few errands done this morning, but it left me so tired that I spent all afternoon sleeping.  Luckily the weather was absolutely gross, so I didn't miss much.
I had a very nice lunch with Kris and Soph at Prairie Ink.  It's been WEEKS since I saw Kris, so was good to catch up and Sophie was as cute and precocious as ever.  
I had a quick appointment with my GP this afternoon to get some prescriptions refilled and to see what she thinks about this cold that has been lingering for oh, let's see...15 days now?  It started with larynigitis but has become a constant sore throat/sinus thing that can really piss off anytime.  She said she thinks it's a viral thing and to just use a sinus rinse and nasal spray for a few days, and that if it doesn't go away to take the antibiotics she has put on hold for me at the pharmacy. Super.  Except I can't find the frigging netty (sp?) ((too lazy to look it up)) pot because A) I haven't used it in three years and B) It's not a pleasant experience to use it.  Guess I will have to restart the hunt tomorrow. 
I then went to Popeye's (at Tim's urging - he's so smart) to buy a protein powder specifically for gaining weight and muscle mass.  Cookies n' cream flavor. Sound good? Nope. Wrong. Not great but I will drink it and see what it does because after all the food I ate this weekend and beer I drank, one would think that I had gained weight. Nope. Wrong again.  Lost 3 lbs.  If that scale doesn't start cooperating, it's OUT!  
Also, I am getting so frustrated about being so stupid. Seriously, I missed two exits today and ended up on the North end without even realizing it. Not sure if that means I shouldn't be driving, but whatever.  
Tonight was a TV night for me as Tim was prepping for his field day tomorrow. I'm a little embarrassed to bring this up but MAN, is Phil Phillips ever good! I would buy his album tomorrow! Then the season finale of Glee (which I don't typically watch) was SO GOOD and made me cry like a baby. Have I mentioned that I have been a wee bit emotional lately?  
Ok, that's it for my rant tonight. I'm looking forward to coffee with the girls in the morning. WAHOO!!!!! That mean's there is a mocha latte and fruit explosion in my immediate future. Good night everybody!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb,

    It sounds like you caught the same nasty cold both Kevin and I had for almost ALL of May! I've never had such an awful cold. It started with laryngitis and almost a month later I am only just starting to get a normal voice back. Kevin still sounds froggy! I went 11 days of feeling like absolute crap before I was finally allowed to start antibiotics. They worked but I was nervous when they ran out after 7 days and I still wasn't feeling 100%. I'm happy to report that even though I finished them Monday, I'm continuing to feel better. Knock on wood!

    It's bad enough to have this kind of cold now but it's an especially "are-you-kidding-me" kick in the head with what you already have to contend with ... as in the cumulative effects of chemo. Nasty business for sure! I hope it's kicking in the shit out of every single cancer cell in you! That will teach cancer for taking you on! Bastard Cancer!

    I have to say I was SO happy when Phillip Phillips won Idol! I'd picked him out of the crowd as my favourite during auditions! It's the first time I've ever been right from the beginning! I, too, would (will) buy his album. While I was so impressed with so many of the idol contenders this year, some of them just aren't my style. Phillip is. YEAH!

    And now on to "So You Think You Can Dance" ... my other reality weakness.

    I hope you get relief from your cold, fatigue, mouth sores, and all those other things ... soon!


    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete