Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mum's the Word

Wow. What a busy couple of days.  I am currently in downtown Toronto. I have spent the entire day in bed because I have developed a nasty case of laryngitis - didn't sleep a wink last night. I am not sure if this is linked to the chemo, but last treatment the worst side effects were with respect to my gums - this time it is my tongue and and throat. I literally feel like my tongue is twice the size it should be, lined with sores and I am having trouble swallowing food. And guess who didn't bring the Magic Mouthwash or Xylocaine liquid with her to Ontario?  As Homer would say, S-M-R-T.
Tim and I drove into Toronto on Monday and promptly met up with some very, very good friends at Hemmingway's.  Andy, Erin, Marnie, Joe, Nicole, Dino and Russ.  I can't even tell you how great it was to see them all together in one room again. Marnie flew all the way in from Thunder Bay to see me, and Erin brought me a great little gift of a pair of Washington Redskins PJ's (Tim's NFL team of choice). Guess this is Erin's way of telling me to widen my horizons from the CFL.

Bonnie, Joe and Nicole - who had QUITE the life lesson story to share...

The Girls

Dino 


Andy - who might have been MORE tired than me...

Bender and BJ

It was a great night all around, and something I don't get to do often enough these days - see a bunch of my old Janssen friends gathered in one place. 

I got to spend the entire day on Tuesday with Marnie, whom before this week, I hadn't seen in almost two years! How crazy is that? But so good to get together and have things just like the old days - we didn't skip a beat. We went to Starbucks for breakfast, hung out in her hotel room catching up for the early part of the day, then made our way to Jack Astor's for lunch/dinner. Then we made our way back to the lobby bar at the Intercontinental Hotel - which holds a lot of FUN memories for us - it's where we did Concerta Training three years ago.  We spent the entire evening reliving the old days and were lucky enough to catch Steffen, Martin and Francois from Ottawa and I even managed to stay up long enough to see and visit with Keats and Julie for a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment