Tuesday 1 May 2012

Day 1

Sweet Jesus am I tired, and maybe a little bit stoned. Definitely feeling the effects of the Oxaliplatin - crazy tingling in my fingers, having trouble drinking anything remotely approaching room temperature or colder, weak and shakey. I can't wait until we delete that little bag of misery from my treatment plan. 
I am missing my nightly calls with the Nistor Twister as she is away at the national meeting, but I DID get a call from Kristie at work and we are planning lunch on Thursday.  

Chantelle took me to chemo today, it was very quiet in there so we got a private suite - which I always prefer.  Once again, about an hour into the session I started stuttering and looking for words. Chant has the patience of a saint. Our nurse today was Erica, she is so sweet and coincidentally has the very same car that I just bought and she LOVES it. I am so glad and looking forward to getting it tomorrow. YAY!

Erica - Best scrubs on the Floor...

Good Buddy Mike surprised me with an unannounced visit - can't say how much it meant for him to come by again.  It makes the day go faster for me and Chantelle - I was pretty dozey today so it perked me up a bit.



Absolutely freezing damn cold in there today - was layered up with heated blankets most of the day.

Chemo Team #9


Two pieces of canser-related news today. I found out that one of my customers, who also happened to be my Nana and Grandpa's doctor 30 years ago, just lost his battle with lung cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones. Also, again today we ran into an old colleague from Coke who was having his final chemo session with a very positive prognosis. Congratulations to him.  Amazing how you can hear two such different stories in such a short time span. Jeepers, this damn disease is everywhere BUT there are those of us who will win! Bring it on!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment