Saturday 26 May 2012

Raspberry Beer and Good Friends....

Wow, I had a great day yesterday! It took me awhile to get going yesterday morning because I had been on the phone the night before with Nistor until almost midnight, so I didn't haul my butt out of bed until almost 11am.  However, it was the BEST I have felt since my last chemo treatment, so I was able to take Bailey for a nice long walk. Took some pictures of the beauty of Saskatoon-suburban nature:


Poor little guy was a little nervous of Baily...

Speaking of nervous, I found two HUGE piles of scat in the ArborCreek river park area, so I came to the conclusion that either someone has a bullmastiff that they aren't cleaning up after, OR there is a damn bear on the loose and I needed to get the he** out of there before Bailey and I became breakfast for Yogi.

In the afternoon, Chantelle and I went over to visit our friends, the Wosminity's, to meet their new baby Aiden and see their lovely new home. What started out as a short visit, turned into a BBQ and dinner.  First of all, Jason and Tonya are really one of the most welcoming couples I know.  The very first thing he did was pour me a Coors light with raspberry syrup. I thought it was a crazy idea, but Sonya explained to me that it is a Ukrainian thing and very refreshing, and I have to say - it might have been the tastiest beer I have ever had. We got some baby cuddles, puppy cuddles and Chantelle got Carson cuddles.  He completely fell for her charms, and by the end was sitting on the floor with his arms wrapped around her leg.  I *might* have been a little jealous, BUT it was SO cute I was wishing for my camera. Bah! Why do I go anywhere without it? Oh well, will have to use some older ones on file:

Impossible NOT to love a family who are so dedicated to the Green Guys....


New Baby Aiden - absolutely gorgeous, isn't he?

I have been so lucky to have Jason, Tonya and Sonya in my life, especially these last months.  Jason has kept me going with the healthy and amazing food he has delivered for me after all my chemo treatments. They are all so supportive and truly, just some of the most genuine people you will ever meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment