Sunday 6 May 2012

Wedding Bells...

Hello from Cambridge!
Tim and I spent the weekend in Toronto for one of his best friends' wedding - Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Andy Minich! It was a beautiful day, the bride was stunning and the groom was puffed up with pride like I've never seen him.  (And Tim cut a very handsome figure in his tux, I must say.)
Let me just apologize right up front for not taking enough pictures...the good news is they had a couple of photographers and I am hoping they will send me a few of the two of them and the wedding party when they get them. It was really good for me to spend some time with old JOI friends, Gary and HIS Barb, Ron and HIS Barb, Dino and Chantellle and Justin and Marta. (That's right, there were three of us "Barbs" at one table.) Tim had a blast visiting with some of his old Aerotek friends that he hasn't seen in years and getting the opportunity to stand up for Andy.  As any of you who know Andy and Pearl might expect, it was one heck of a celebration and great fun.







It has been a very busy and very tiring few days, but I have to say that I did pretty good for a girl who's Day 5 post-chemo is usually my hardest - we were up until almost 2am the day of the wedding! Yikes! I could barely walk by that point because as HAWT as my shoes were, they felt like razor blades by the end of the evening. Although I wasn't my regular "Dancing Queen Barbie", Tim and I did manage to get a few dances in and they made all the blisters worthwhile.

After a bit of a sleep-in, we went for a Cora's breakfast on the way back to Cambridge - and let me just say it was awesome! Even Tim, with his long-term love of bacon and eggs was impressed with the Raspberry crepes...




This afternoon was spent with Tim's little ones, Avery and Riley. We had a great time playing Barbies, watching a movie and asking the all-knowing cootie catchers all sorts of questions.
Time to try to catch up on lost zzz's...G'night!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment