Sunday 27 May 2012

And Saskatoon Continues to Grow....

Ok, so to be honest I had no intention of updating the blog tonight. It is late and I have to get up with the birds tomorrow for blood work and an update with my oncologist, however I am awake and don't see sleep as an option in the immediate future. That being said, I have taken a sleeping pill so I am hoping this will be a short post. 

I woke up this morning, after several epic-type and incredibly real-seeming dreams to feel the best physically that I have in several weeks. I FINALLY felt like I was leaving the cold in my rear view mirror and got up with an energy that I can only describe as a close facsimile of what life was like B.C. (Before-canser).  Again, Bailey and I went for an hour long walk and although the weather wasn't what I would have ordered, she tends to fair better with these cooler temperatures. And by that I mean, she wasn't huffing and puffing and scaring me into thinking she would have a coronary on the corner of Kenderdine and Horlick Road. (Real name, I swear)

After getting home, Chantelle picked me up, we went for lunch and then hit the mall with the idea of doing some returns for her and picking up a few summer items that actually FIT me. And wouldn't you know it, RW & Co. FINALLY opened a store in good ole' Saskatoon! Wow! A Sephora, Guess, Aeropostal, Bench AND RW all in 6 months? All of a sudden I am overwhelmed with options - it was dizzying. Thanks to the Grand Opening sales, I was able to walk out with a whole new summer wardrobe and very little guilt. Why does it even surprise me anymore? One of Chantelle's claims to fame is that she is an amazing shopper, not only for herself but for anyone who might be so lucky to go WITH her.  Next excursion? A one piece bathing suit that will A) cover my scar and B) not make me look like a gramma or a 10 year old boy.  Let's see how good she REALLY is, shall we?


A few shout outs for the week: first of all to Tim, who is always incredible, but tonight outdid himself. We had a hoot on Skype, (which isn't easy to do after almost two years of relying on it as a primary source of communication) and had the best laughs we have had since visiting Olson last week in Winnipeg.  Man, is his laugh infectious, it gets me every time. Thanks too to Bink, for the very sweet and very timely card. I received it on a particularly tough day and it definitely brightened my spirits. Thank you my good friend.  And a final thank you to Barb, my new mother-in-law, who always makes me feel so welcomed and loved by the Bender-clan.  


Better hit the sheets, less than 6 hours before the alarm goes off. Yikes. It reminds me of what life was like when I actually had a job. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment