Monday 14 May 2012

Birthday Party Fun!

On Saturday, Tim and I threw a birthday party for Riley. Thank goodness for his mom who provided the burgers and the cake (chocolate zucchini - YUM)! 
Here are some pics:
Avers in her new dress with the Strawberry Shortcake balloon from Auntie Jody

Avery and Baby Ella

Papa and the grandkids

Barb-squared

Tim and the Birthday Boy

He was quite enamored with the new police car from Gramma and Papa

Arnie and Jody

Dan and Owen

Paula and Owen

Me and Avery
It was a really nice day, especially considering how sick Riley was the day before.  


Today was a bit of a bummer. It is always a little tough for me coming back to Saskatoon and all the canser-related stuff that comes with it. It is so easy to forget the "C" word when I am with Tim and the kids because we are so busy with them. Then the first day back, it's back to the Canser Clinic and all the sick people there and it's impossible to ignore the reality of it all.  And it's funny, because the LAST thing I want is to LOOK sick in my daily life, but when I am at the clinic, it's almost like I don't belong there. I have my hair, and as glad as I am to so far still have it, I feel guilty when I see all the patients there who have lost theirs. So many of them look so weak and pale, and as much as I am thin and don't feel like I look as healthy as I used to, to people who don't know me I probably look fine. 


That being said, I missed Chantelle and Kristie and the rest of my inner circle and I had a really nice catch-up session with Chantelle at lunch today.  Then I picked Bailey from Myra's and although I had every intention of doing a grocery run, I came home for a "quick" nap that turned into three hours in bed.  


Tomorrow is Chemo #10. Yikes.  I am having a tough time summoning up "Warrior Barbie" tonight, but as a very wise friend of mine pointed out:


No comments:

Post a Comment