Tuesday 3 July 2012

Things Could be Worse....







That being said, I STILL want to complain.  Funny how the day that Tim leaves I feel like garbage.  I have been sick all day - well, all day since my McDonald's breakfast. Things went south really quickly after an Egg McMuffin and hashbrowns. (Serves me right for not having oatmeal.)

I popped by the mall this morning thinking I would look at some golf gear, but ended up getting so dizzy and nauseated that I thought I might faint. So I came home and have been laying on the couch ever since trying to recover and get my guts back in line. I have had some wicked heartburn and have started getting some lip/mouth sores again that make eating anything a real treat.  FYI, mustard and most salad dressings are off the menu, as is any type of carbonated drink - all are too harsh right now.  And as much as I was hoping that the side effects would be better because I am not on Oxaliplatin anymore, I am really finding that my fingers and feet are incredibly sensitive, with constant tingling and sore nail beds. Ah well, things could be worse, right?





1 comment:

  1. I don't know, Barb if it could be worse ;-) It sucks that you got sick on McD's AND you are still suffering with the neuropathy in your hands and feet ( I feel for you...and truly k ow how you feel (I don't like saying that btw 'cause I don't pretend to know exactly hiw anyone else feels). My toes and fingers are bothering me big time....but I successfully mowed down some KFC the other night beofre my chemo (which I have not had for years btw) and a healthy salad of course and didn't get sick. it was great!

    I say get back on that horse and hit McD's again....try the Hot cakes this time and of course the hash browns. It is worth it isn't it?

    ReplyDelete