Tuesday 17 July 2012

Only I Could Hurt Myself While Eating a Salad

That's right everybody, poked myself in the lip with my fork today...once again - Tim howled.  Nothing like sympathy from the one you love...

32 degrees and it feels like 40! Bailey did NOT sign up for this. Tim and I took her for a walk first thing this morning before work, thinking that it would be cool enough for her and man oh man, were we wrong! She was frothing at the mouth about half an hour in - to the point where Tim took pity on her and carried her for about 10 minutes. Now, had I picked her up, I would have absolutely taken it on the chin from Tim - but his response to me was "It's okay if I do it." Needless to say, there will be no more walks for Goober today.

She is getting used to the condo now. She has found her "new" spots - namely under our bed, on the leather recliner and on the sofa right between Tim and me.  She is still having trouble with the stairs because they are hardwood and slippery - she can get up but once she's there, she's stranded, so our next purchase will be a runner for the stairs.

I spent the day unpacking and cleaning the house. After work, Tim spent a very *warm* couple of hours cleaning out the garage and making room for my car.  Thank goodness because there is a severe thunderstorm watch out for the area tonight.

Speaking of which, check out the photo that Barb sent me of a lightning show in Saskatoon last week:





As for the whole "canser thing", my side effects this time around have been pretty manageable. Some serious fatigue on the way to Cambridge, some chest/back pain last night, a series of nosebleeds this morning and once again my mouth is absolutely raw and I have had what I think is a cold sore for almost two weeks. THAT is getting a little old. The other thing is that the tingling in my hands and feet is driving me nuts. It has never been this bad before and has usually come and gone - now it seems to be a constant thing.  Again, I know it could be worse...


One more thing...I am having some serious trouble with my email account since leaving Saskatoon - I have lost my entire contact list so please email me at bjames7@hotmail.com so I can add your addresses.  Thanks so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment