Saturday 28 July 2012

Mission Accomplished!

I did it! I FINALLY did it! I cracked the nut that is Riley Bender! Ever since Tim and I started dating, Avers has been all over me like white on rice - and yesterday Riley finally gave in and came to ME to get him ready for bed, for snuggles and for a little love. HA! I win!  Oddly enough, last night was also the first night Bailey chose NOT to sleep in our room.  She rarely, if ever went to bed without me in Saskatoon, but here she heads upstairs usually right after her evening walk, which normally happens right after the kids go to bed.  Last night when I went up to bed at 10pm, she was no where to be found in our room. In fact, she was sleeping at the foot of Riley's bed - which is funny because she is usually nervous of him. I guess this means everything is coming together!

It has been a very busy couple of days. We are preparing for our vacation week with the kids, so put up the tent in the backyard a few evenings ago to test it out and make sure there is enough room for all of us + Bailey.  


All looks good - we are planning on taking them camping for a few days. to the Toronto Zoo, the Butterfly Conservatory and maybe another trip to the African Lion Safari.

We bought some bright red Muskoka chairs, put them together and now have a great place on the front porch to drink a coffee, read the paper and watch the kids on the front yard.  How amazingly relaxing.

We have soccer at noon, then I will spend the day doing laundry and getting ready for tomorrow's flight back to Saskatoon, where Chantelle, Shardelle, Kristie and I will be heading up to Candle Lake for three days of golfing and hopefully, fun in the sun.  I will be driving myself to the airport for the first time, and to be honest, am a little nervous. The fact that I have chemo brain may make it a bit more challenging than it otherwise would be, but luckily it will be first thing Sunday morning so the traffic should be light. Wish me luck!

On the Canser side of things, I have been feeling okay since chemo, with the worst side effect this time definitely being the finger and toe neuropathy - worse than it's ever been before and making even the simplest tasks almost impossible.  We popped by the driving range yesterday and it turns out it's not easy to swing a club when you have very little feeling in your hands. Bah. Whatever. I just hope the worst of the side effects don't set in right when I get to Candle, I am so looking forward to this time with my girls.  

Have a good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment