Thursday 28 June 2012

Wild Weather and Nice Surprises

Ok, so it has been a wild week in Saskatchewan for weather - thought I would share some pictures I found floating around the internet.  Needles to say, thanks to the 90km/hour winds yesterday, the contents of my backyard were scattered halfway to the parking lot.   All I have to say is that I DO NOT understand the mind of a Tornado Chaser - crazy bastards.

Pense Saskatchewan June 25, 2012

Swift Current, Sk - Beware the Green Sky!

Near Lethbridge - In Alberta
Northwest of Saskatoon.


The roof flying off the local grocery store in Humboldt, where Dad-dio lives.

Amazing 'bubble' clouds grace skies over Saskatchewan

Monster tornado just South of Highway #1. Thankfully the home in the picture was spared.

Yesterday was a very, very quiet one for me.  The winds were so bad that trees were falling and transport trucks were being over-turned. I thought it best to stay indoors and was mighty glad that Bailey was tethered when she went out for her bio breaks.  She's no Toto and I wasn't about to lose her to the neighbors. 

Fortunately for me, Myra decided to brave the elements and popped in with a rose bowl full of new roses from her garden and a strawberry/rhubarb pie.  She made my day! Thanks Myra, you are so sweet.








And although my appetite wasn't very good yesterday, I managed to dip into that pie and Man, is it fantastic.  

Today I have a tonne to do, need to bath and wash my hair in the sink (thank you 5F-U bottle), go to the clinic to get it removed (Yay!) and then I have a bunch of errands to try to get accomplished before Tim's impending visit.  Looking forward to getting out and about and interacting with people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment