Tuesday 5 June 2012

It's Not Un-Impossible...

That's right. "It's not un-impossible" ACTUALLY came out of my mouth on Sunday while on a walk with Tim. My normally very supportive fiance almost fell into the bull rushes in mirth-filled hysteria. Seriously? How can I even be held responsible for what comes out of my mouth these days? I ALSO confused purple and orange on Saturday, so whatever.  The good thing is that my constant stupidity seems to be mitigated by the occasional flash of brilliance (in MY opinion).  I mean honestly? How many people can come up with a triple-negative on the fly?  And by the way, my latest and most obvious side effect is a heightened degree of clumsiness (the fact that it's NEW to me is my story, and I'm sticking to it!) I have bruises all over my legs from walking into things. Just one more check mark on the list of things that Tim finds wildly entertaining about me.








I have been having a fantastic time with Tim and the kids, even though the weather was questionable our first few days.  Friday was spent recovering from the flight and Chemo #11 - I spent most of the day on the couch with my man-servant waiting on me hand and foot. 



Sunday afternoon was Avery's birthday party and wow, it was everything a little girl could ask for in a party.  Hair, make-up, a fashion show, music with a stage for those brave enough to take part in an air-band type of show and all the chips and sour candy you could ask for.


Avery BEFORE her make-over.....



Avery DURING her make-over....

Avery AFTER her make-over!



And Avery with all the swagger of a ROCKSTAR! Ha! How CUTE is THAT????
Not to be out-done in the cutie-pa-tootie department, check out the Ri-Guy...

 

I am constantly astounded how very well-mannered, funny and lovable they both are. And much like their Daddy, they are able to make me howl one minute and tear up the next with how amazingly sweet they are. 


Monday night we celebrated Avery's birthday again, just us, which meant more presents and birthday cake! And today, FINALLY we got to do 9 holes at one of the local golf courses! The weather was beautiful, and as expected Tim had a very, very good long game.  I was a little worried that with my weight what it is that I wouldn't hit as well as last year, but with the exception of hole #1, I had a pretty good game. YAY!  What a great day.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment