Sunday 3 June 2012

Rainy Days and Soccer Games...

Well, OBVIOUSLY there is some kind of grand plan to prevent me from golfing in 2012. It has been raining and cold in Saskatchewan for weeks, and NOW, as soon as I hop on a plane to Ontario, it is 25 degrees and sunny. In Ontario? Not so much - 12 degrees, windy and rainy.  Awesome.
Well, the flight to Ontario was interesting. Longest descent I have ever witnessed. I am no pilot, but it seemed to me it was due to the VERY low hanging clouds - it literally took a half an hour to go from 36,000 feet to landing with very gusty winds and lots of turbulence.  A year ago I would have been like everyone else on my plane, white-knuckled and practicing deep breathing techniques to stay calm, but not anymore.  Funny how having canser makes the fear of crashing to my death in a 737 seem silly.  I was pretty tired and not feeling good on Friday, but luckily Tim was more than willing to cook and take care of me.  I'm feeling much better now.
So Thursday was Avery's graduation from Montessori - she heads off to public school next year.

Cute as anything and smart as a whip.

Daddy was SO proud.
Saturday, as mentioned was cold and rainy. Tim and I suited up, (and by that I mean I piled on three layers) and headed out to the soccer pitch.  Avers had lots of fun, almost scored a goal and made TWO SAVES while in net.

Our little keeper...

The Saskie couldn't complain about the weather too much, but Man, it was brisk.

Not a bad action shot...

We have spent most of the weekend on the sofa watching movies. Who knew I could enjoy the "Iron Man" series so much? And now, we are just about to go make breakfast and then it's off to Costco (which Tim refers to as his "mistress") and then Avers' 6th birthday party with her friends. If I am feeling up to it, we are going for wings and beer tonight - can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment