Wednesday 20 June 2012

CAT Scan Day

Wow, how does one go from hitting the sheets at 9pm one night to staying up until 1am the next night with no nap? Obviously yesterday was the TSN Turning Point of Chemo #12. Seriously? Day 7? That is a little much if you ask me.  The good news is NO HEARTBURN! Yay! Bad news is that my mouth and throat are a mess - can't have it all I guess.

Today was a good day - Kristie, Sophie and I took the pooches to the off leash dog park this morning and then we headed to the hospital for my scan.  I had heard previously from Nance that 1 CAT Scan is equivalent to 500 X-Rays with respect to the amount of radiation that a patient is exposed to.  So we asked the imaging tech and she concurred. Awesome.  She explained that it is all about risk vs. benefit - blah blah blah. Whatever.  I just want the damn results and I want them to be positive so I can get on with life.

Since I have to wait for them until Monday, Tim suggested that I be spontaneous and fly out to see him for the weekend so he and the kids can keep me preoccupied. SO, he booked me some flights, I took Bailey to Myra's (Thanks so much Myra, you are a lifesaver!) and now I have to pack and be at the airport at 5am! OMG!  Gotta' run! Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment