Sunday 10 March 2013

The Countdown is Officially ON!

Wow, seems like there is a lot going on right now. First of all, a reminder to all my friends and family out west - Daylight Savings Time means that I am now 2 hours ahead of you all - so please act accordingly. ;-) That means I will be typically crawling into my bed while you guys are doing after-dinner-dishes. It also means that I will be available for chats with you early-birds who may find yourselves trying to stay awake on the road to hospital displays or appointments, breast feeding your babies, or just stewing in your own boredom in the wee hours of a frosty Prairie morning.

It is also the beginning of March break, which means the kiddies are home all week. We have Avers and Riley the last half of the week so that we get to spend some quality time with them before our trip. Which reminds me.....7 days and counting! Yay! It was a beautiful day in Ontari-ari-o today - +12 degrees. So nice that the kids spent the afternoon on their bikes and scooters and we were out in bunny-hugs.

I am enjoying actually feeling like myself again - not going to lie, this new "more tolerable" treatment has kicked my ass the past few weeks. Hoping I am just in the process of getting used to it and that the next one will be better. That's IF I get chemo this week. I say that because two weeks ago my liver enzymes were elevated, not enough to suspend treatment, but enough that my doc wants to keep an eye on it. Of course, my mind went to the worst place and I asked him if this was the result of my tumor markers increasing, which (probably) means more tumors and a reduction in liver function. He said not necessarily, it could be that my liver is irritated by the new drug regime. SO, IF my liver function has improved, we will go ahead with #31 on Wednesday, and if not, he will suspend treatment until I get back from Jamaica. In fact, he offered to give me a break, but that seems counter-intuitive to me. Call me crazy, but every opportunity to fry those little buggers seems like a good idea. That being said, I won't be heart-broken if he decides to hold off a week - I would love to be "Fun Barbie" for Tim while we are on holidays. 

Happy Birthday wishes going out to my dear friends Michelle and Keats - hope you had a great time this weekend and were celebrated as you deserve by those you love. Hugs and much love to you both.







 



No comments:

Post a Comment