Wednesday 13 March 2013

Chemo News and Other Stuff

Well Folks,
I went to the Cambridge Hospital yesterday, had my arm poked and found out that everything was good EXCEPT my liver enzymes. They are still elevated, which could be a result of the new chemo regimine or some other negative implications that I would rather not get into right now. (Although Tim says I look better these days than he can remember - says my color is good and my onc always says that is a good indicator of what is going on inside.) This means that my oncologist elected to give me a chemo break, for as long as I am in Jamaica to see if the enzymes will calm the hell down and come back into line. I am scheduled for blood work the Monday after I get back and if they have decreased, we will proceed with chemo the next day. If not, it will be time to do a CT scan to figure out what is going on. In that case, and at that time I will definitely be contacting and planning a trip to the Mexican Ocnolgy Clinic that I have researched in order to start adding in additional therapies. SO, this means that I should be feeling better than otherwise would have while in Jamaica - which can be nothing but good. I even got the green light to have a few drinks everyday. 



Tim and I are doing our best to look at this as a positive thing. Lots of people who go through extended chemo treatments tend to have delays at one point or another, whether it's due to platelets, hemoglobin, liver enzymes or any host of other issues. This is just part of the ride and HAPPENS to be happening right before my trip. Maybe the universe is cutting me a damn break for once?  

Ok, so onto the non-canser news. Tim and I have found a new favorite restaurant in Cambridge. It is called the Zen Garden and specializes in vegetarian Asian dishes. The food is incredible and the ambience is amazing - very calming and well....zen!  Check out the tea we got this week - flowering rose tea. Beautiful, but second on our list of teas - last time it was a fresh fruit tea that was indescribably good.






We NEED to get one of these pots - I find it just gives the tea a different feel.

I had a couple of great chats last night with Chantelle who has just arrived home from her trip to Hawaii and Nancy who is preparing to head off to Mexico the week after Tim and I leave for Jamaica. It was so good to reconnect with those two - they make me howl BUT:

You know what I'm talking about...



One last thing - I think I bought my wedding shoes yesterday. I know, I know - I've said that before but it turned out that the color of the other shoes weren't quite right so, check out these bad boys....





Seriously? I am in luuuuuurve. They are Love Fury Nine Wests that depending on the light, look either silver or gold. And they sparkle. And I got them at half price!! HELLOOOOOO DARLIN'! My work here is done.




No comments:

Post a Comment