Wednesday 13 March 2013

Some Sad News

First and foremost and the reason I am up at 4:30am, just got word from my sister that the oldest remaining matriarch in our family, my Grandma Freda passed away a couple of hours ago. She was one of the sweetest souls I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and loving. She was 93 years young and unfortunately spent the last several years in long term care due to her frailty and failing health. She made the best Easter dinners I can remember, she was known far and wide for her peanut-butter marshmallow squares, her ambrosia salad, her love of animals and her larger than life giggle. I was not her biological grand-daughter, but she never ever once made me feel like any less a grandchild to her than my siblings. As sad as it makes me to know she is no longer with us, I can't help but feel the last years of her life were very hard and lonely for her and it was her time. 
I love ya' Gran.

Christmas 2002

At Pam's wedding - 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment