Thursday 28 March 2013

#31 and FOLFIRI is Kicking my Ass Again...







Yikes, what can I say but someone must have found it an amusing little gag to convince  me that FOLFIRI would be a cake-walk compared to FOLFOX. Wrong,wrong, on so many levels wrong. They continue to be stingy with the Atropine and I am left with hours upon hours of stomach cramps, sour guts and internal gas. This is all very new to me since I have had very few problems with my guts since my surgery. Add to that the newly sparked back pain (which may be lingering nerve damage from the botched epidural I had last year - my doc has put me on gabipenton to try to alleviate the pain, but it could take several weeks to work. Next question - is my liver swelling as a reaction to the new chemo, or worst possibility of all, is it advancing?  Either way, she has seen fit to put me on a regular dosing regime of Dexamethasone - which will like cause weight gain and moon face. Add to the the anti-cholinergic side effects like dry mouth and dry eyes and it makes for a very sick, tired girl who is no fun at all to be around.  All very interesting concerns that the sooner the better we can get figured out will be nice. The pain and the unknowing is driving me slowly insane.  Unfortunately, my next CT isn't booked until the third week of April, so I need to get used to being in the dark once again.
As a result of all these things, I am getting very little sleep, so here I am!

I am looking forward to giving you the down-low on our trip to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. We left on my birthday after spendng a great evening with Andy, Pearl, Juston and Marta the night before our flight. That means we got to fly on my birthday - in first class, mimosas and all. It was a very nice treat that we don't engage in very often...


Mimosa and a touch TV screen with remote? The man was in heaven.
Getting ready to board

More mimosas...and the blankets and pillows were a welcome sight as well.


































Thank you Air - Transat for the best flight ever.

The trip itself was magnificent on all accounts - the weather, the accomodations, the food, the entertainment and the staff were all incredible.  

The view of our room from our favorite pool location where Tim could play pool volleyball to his heart's content:



And dominate, he did...






It is our dream to own a nice hammock one day - love it!



Breakfast on Day 1

















We took daily walks along the very long beach front...





















The water was so shallow, warm and the loveliest turquoise color you could imagine.







Add caption







Don't think they liked our attention but...






We made some friends along the beach..














Tim got to meet Bob Marley...



















Had a tour of the grounds - complete with my very own bouquet of all the flowers...






We had some lovely meals - dinner at Jasmine's

Tempura and Spring Rolls
Fresh rolls















Dinner at Neptune's

I had the smoked  pork

And Tim had the tuna steak

















We spent our evenings playing pool, ping pong and


shuffleboard,
Enjoying a few bevvies...



We became huge fans of the Lychee Martini











































Tim surprised me with a private candlelight dinner on the beech at sunset - it was the most amazing romantic night ever...









 We had an amazing night and a glorious sunset - best birthday gift a girl could ask for!

The next day we took and excursion to YS Falls where we were able to do some zip-lining and swimming in the falls:



Geared up...

My first jump...

Third jump - longest, fastest and bumpiest - SO FUN!
Tim's final jump.

 And then off to the waterfalls...

So friggin' cold


Warmer on his lap



Tim jumping into the falls...
 
So beautiful
 Best holiday of my life and I can't say enough good things about it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb and Tim! WHAT GREAT PHOTOS! You two are models! How is it you can looks so fantastic, Barb, with all you're going through? Mental note: DO NOT MAKE BARB A CANSER SPOKESPERSON. Nobody would take the disease seriously!

    Seriously, I'm so glad you both had a truly wonderful, romantic, sunny, fun vacation! So needed, I'm sure.

    Sorry to hear you're having such a nasty reaction to the latest drugs. Keep visions of your vacation in your head at all times and print these photos and plaster your surroundings with them.

    Thinking of you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am here to tell u about a dr who cure all kind of disease his name doctor ebohon, a tradional doctor who cure all type of disease,and this man have also cured me of high blood presure i we advices you to contact him now and see your beeing problem solve.

    HIV/AIDS
    high blood pressure
    diabetes,cancer,asthma
    weak erection,
    typhoid malaria
    vaginal discharge
    menstruation anomalies
    high blood pressure
    waist and back pain,
    fibroid in fertility[male and female]
    gonorrhea/staphylococcus
    stomach trouble
    detoxifies the kidney stone the liver
    rheumatoid arthritis
    migraine headaches
    mouth ulcer
    candidiasis and herpes
    body odor
    interpretation of dreams
    fungal infection
    his Email is drebohonherbartemple@gmail.com why is website is.... www.dr.ebohoncom and also you can contact me with this number +2348158178729

    ReplyDelete