Sunday 15 April 2012

The Weekend Update

Whew...what a weekend.  Saturday I spent the afternoon at Kristie's house for Sophie's 2nd birthday party.  I swear, she might be the funniest little kid I have ever met. She's got a mind like a steel trap and is the biggest ham I know. The stuff that comes out of her mouth makes me absolutely howl and she seems to have a running commentary on everything.  For example, she had JUST finished blowing out her candles, started eating her cupcake, surrounded by at LEAST 20 people when I decide to run upstairs to the washroom to blow my nose and she announces to the entire crowd, "Auntie Barbie is going to pee." Hilarious. Also very cute is how she has, with no coaching, started referring to Chantelle as "Chantelley." And when Shardelle (Thanks for the ride!) and I were leaving the party she said "Good-bye Ladies."  What two year old speaks like that?

Happy Birthday Miss Sophie!




It was also really, really good for my soul to see and spend time with Kristie and her family.  They are always so welcoming - and these days encouraging about my health. As I've mentioned before, Kristie's mom Diane is a canser survivor and a huge source of hope and determination for me.  I have to send out kudos to Scott for a perfectly grilled burger juuuuust about the size of my head, and to Safeway for some incredibly yummy cupcakes. (Let's not discuss how many I had and just focus on the fact that I am trying to put on some lbs.)


BUT not before Andy and Pearl's wedding, b/c there isn't a spare inch of room in the dress I just purchased for the occasion. Since it was winter again today in Saskatoon, I spent the afternoon at the mall with Chantelle(y) combing the racks for just the right dress.  Let me just say that Chantelle has the patience of a saint, because I must have tried on 30 dresses and she didn't complain even once.  For those of you who are unaware, Chantelle fancies herself a bit of an expert in the art of shopping, not only for herself, but for finding just the right thing for whomever she happens to be with at the time.  And once again, she did not disappoint. Man, for someone who was afraid of not finding anything to fit, it really was a new kind of self-inflicted torture having to choose between so many.  In fact, I couldn't. I ended up buying two and will return the one I don't wear. Oh how I wish I had another wedding to attend this summer so I could keep both. Sigh.


I discovered something new about myself tonight. Turns out I am an absolute die-hard Lionel Ritchie fan. Who knew? His new duets album is awesome, and after watching the Vegas concert that I PVR'ed on Friday, I realized that he really can still belt them out with the best of them. Throw in a little Jennifer Nettles, Kenny Rogers and Blake Shelton and I am a goner! Loved it and I highly recommend his new CD.




This week will be busy. I have an appointment with my surgeon on Monday, blood work on Tuesday and Chemo again on Wednesday. I can't believe it is coming again so fast, I feel like I JUST recovered from the last one.  I also HAVE to find a car this week, get my taxes done and do laundry because almost every stitch of clothing that currently fits me needs to be washed. 


That's it for tonight! Happy Monday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment