Friday 14 December 2012

She Is Fierce



I FINALLY got word from Dr. Sami today about the results of my CT scan...and the news is as good as I could have hoped for. He said that for the most part, my tumors are stable - they have grown, but only by two mm's on average, so although there are a lot of them, they are still very small...which means they are pretty much stable. Considering the fact that after the last CT and without the addition of oxaliplatin they had doubled in size, this is great news. He also said that my spine and pelvic bones are all clear, which is FANTASTIC because previously there was a "spot" on my spine and that has been playing with my head for weeks - I have been having a lot of back pain that I can now attribute to other things. Insert HUGE sigh of relief here. So the plan for now is to stay the course and continue on with FOLFOX on Tuesday.




We chatted about targeted radiation therapy and targeted chemotherapy, and at this point he thinks my mets are too small for it to be effective but suggested that I speak to Dr. Shaw about that when I get the chance. 

I am so very grateful that we finally caught a break. This news couldn't have come at a better time. Now we feel like we can relax and enjoy the holiday season. As it should be.



A few pics:

Texting the Inner Circle with my good news





Celebrating the good news with  a Moose Winooski's Coronita Margarita!



No comments:

Post a Comment