Sunday 30 December 2012

Hang On and Enjoy the Ride!

Hello Friends,
It has been awhile since my last post, but the holidays have been very busy for the Bender household. We had an incredible time and made lots of good memories.  Tim and I had a hoot shopping for the kids this year, below are some pictures while waiting in line at Tim Horton's mid-way through one of our many shopping excursions. I have taken to wearing my hair a bit differently and Tim insists on taking pictures of me constantly. 




Christmas itself was good for my soul. Tim and I spent a quiet Christmas Eve and morning together, watching movies and drinking Mimosa's. Then the kids came to us around noon on Christmas Day and chaos ensued. We had so much fun watching the kids open their presents that we completely forgot to take any pictures. Bah. That evening we spent with Tim's family in Wellesley, eating our weight in appetizers and dainties. Tim's mom, Barb sure knows how to entertain.  I can't say what a nice time I had, Tim's family is so warm and welcoming and we shared a lot of laughter that night. Luckily, his brother-in-law took some pictures, so I will post those when I get them.  

I have to say that one of the prettiest, most functional gifts I got was from Tim's folks - check out these bad boys:

The cutest, warmest boots EVER! I haven't had a single day of cold feet since I got them, and that's saying something considering the neuropathy from which I have been suffering.



And look at these beautiful bracelets Barb makes....aren't they gorgeous? I can't stop wearing them.
 

We FINALLY got a goodly amount of snow the evening of the 26th. To be honest I was quite fine without a white Christmas but was super-stoked (that's the P.A. coming out in me) when the storm came. It felt like home. And Bailey is thrilled, because despite her diminutive status, she is very much a "Winter Dog". Tim had some serious shoveling to do, and because he is so focused on living a better life these days, shoveled not only our sidewalk and driveway, but did the neighbours' as well.
 

Tim and Bailey on the trail behind our house.
 Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day - a little grey but with a steady, soft snowfall all day. It was the perfect opportunity to take the kids sledding. Now please know that I can't even REMEMBER the last time I went sledding and I wasn't sure how the old derriere was going to hold up BUT we have some really great foam sleds that seem to be a lot safer than the blue crazy carpets of my youth. We had a blast!












It was a fantastic day.

I have been thinking about some very good girlfriends who are going through some trying times right now - you know who you are. My thoughts and prayers and good vibes are on their way to you. Hugs and lots of love too.

1 comment:

  1. You're so kind Barb! I wish I could take credit for making the black bracelet, but Stella and Dot might have something to say about that! Happy to know you enjoyed your first Christmas in Ontario. We sure enjoyed having you be part of our celebration.

    ReplyDelete