Tuesday 14 August 2012

Wedding Bells and Sea Shells

I know it's been awhile since my last post, in fact I even received some text messages from some of you inquiring if everything is alright. Thanks to all for your concern, but I have just been so busy since getting back to Cambridge that I truly haven't had a spare minute to write a post. We got the kids on Friday for a whole week together of holidays and since then have been on the run.  Friday and Saturday were spent packing for our camping trip to Sand Hills Park. Saturday evening Tim's mom Barb was sweet enough to drive all the way in to Cambridge to babysit while we went to Juston and Marta's wedding reception in Waterloo.

A few pics from the day:

The Happy Couple



Pearl and Andy


The Newly-Named "Designated Driver" and Tim

It was a lovely evening, with good friends, good food, good music and lots of laughs. Turns out that although I have always loved to dance, I don't seem to have the co-ordination or balance that I once had. Sigh. A combination of wearing heels for the first time in months and having "chemo toes" made for a very interesting evening on the dance floor. It didn't stop the DJ from sending a shout-out to Pearl and I for our participation in the first few country songs though. I guess I managed to hide the fact that I felt like Bambi on ice. Self high-five.  At some point in the evening I was "volunteered" to be the "Designated-Driver-Forever" by my ever-so-thoughtful fiance. What a damn gip.

Sunday we threw the kids, dog and all the camping supplies we could fit in the truck and headed out to Sand Hills Park. We had a fantastic time - but wow was it a lot of work. We have already decided that next year we are going to rent a cabin and by-pass all the tent nonsense. (This is primarily due to the fact that Tim barely slept the first night and we got rained-out the second.) The park is amazing - close to the beach and sand hills, with a couple of kid's areas that have a jungle gym, swings and the kids' favourite - a see-saw, and it came complete an elk enclosure! Bailey was very brave when we first saw the elk, growling and taking a run at them - until a female snorted and charged her. Ha! It was pretty funny.

Riley at our campsite


Daddy making...you guessed it...BACON!




Our three little blondies

Miss Avery and her Daddy

How's that for a game face?

Good for the abs...

The view from the top of Sand Hills Beach



And the "Daddy of the Year" Award goes to.....the guy who let BOTH his kids do a face plant in the sand at the same time!




At least I only dumped ONE kid!!!


And that was our trip. Equal parts fun, exhausting and bat-shit crazy.

I FINALLY spoke to my Dad tonight, only to find out that he ended up in the hospital this weekend. He's okay now, but I feel a little guilty for not being there and not knowing until today.  I love you Dad-dio.

That's it for tonight - we HAVE to get a decent night's sleep tonight because tomorrow we are going to, as Riley calls it, the African Lion Sa-party! Pretty sure there is ice cream in my future...wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment