Wednesday 8 August 2012

16 Candles

Team James,
Dad-dio came into town on Monday night, with fresh Pickerel he caught up north, and fresh potatoes and raspberries from the garden. So we had a lovely fish fry and then went to buy a few groceries, after which I convinced him to go to Dairy Queen with me.  He's ALMOST as tough as Tim to convince a DQ run is in order. 
Yesterday was Chemo #16 for me and not a bad day overall. I had to have bloodwork and chemo on the same day, and so did everyone else who typically have chemo on Monday or Tuesday - so it was a damn gong show in there. It took me almost an hour to get the bloodwork done, then Dad and I went to the hospital cafeteria for breakfast, and then spent the next three and a half hours watching the Olympics on my little TV in my chemo suite. Afterwards we ran a few errands, came home for lunch and took afternoon naps.
Tim and I recently got some very good news from the canser clinic at the Cambridge Hospital.  They have agreed to infuse me every other treatment and directly bill Sask Health, so starting the first week of September I will only HAVE to fly home once a month for chemo instead of twice a month. This will be so much easier on me physically and financially, and therefore mentally.  Plus, I am getting awfully tired of that drive to Pearson airport. I can't tell you how good it feels to finally get some good news, that will make our lives easier as opposed to more complicated. 
Today I am looking forward to a few more errands with Dad, an update with my surgeon, and then Mar and Kris and Soph are planning to pop in this afternoon for java.  I haven't seen little Sophie in weeks and have been missing her like CRAZY.
Speaking of which, I am also missing my little family in Cambridge - it is driving me to distraction. The good news is that we get the kids starting in Friday for a whole week - which means camping, the Toronto zoo, and the African Lion Safari. Should be a fun week (exhausting, but fun). 
That's it for now - thanks to Jackie and Mary for your kind emails and Heather for the commiseration on the blog. You ladies rock! And Nistor for the laughter that resulted from the baby poop story and the Baby Otto stories. Made my night!

No comments:

Post a Comment