Thursday 8 November 2012

Sleepless in...Cambridge...



Sigh. That's right - middle of the night and I haven't slept yet. How can one possibly go from 11 hours of sleep one night to 0 the next? Seriously? Tim, (God love him) is snoring like a Mack truck (very unlike him) and I am having heart palpitations. And no, they don't seem to be canser-worry-related. I have been laying in bed thinking about such mundane things as grocery lists, Christmas shopping, cleaning the bathrooms...blah, blah, blah. 

As you are likely aware, I had Chemo #22 on Tuesday. Tim drove me and spent some time with me and then Erin was sweet enough to drive in from Milton again and brighten the room for a few hours with her giggles and BIG HAIR so he could go back to work. Since then I have been feeling pretty good actually, a few hours of bad guts afterward and chemo-brain is BACK but nothing crazy since. I am hoping beyond hope that I can stay feeling good as this upcoming weekend is a big one for me. My dear friend Joe in London is hosting a weekend with many of my JOI and former-JOI friends in attendance. Just like the good old days at Erin and Steve's, except I will be on the sober-side of the festivities. Disappointing from a Saskatchewan girl, I know - but at least I will better remember the shenanigans.  Joe is a fantastic cook, so I am hoping to pack on a few extra pounds. Wish me luck!

I have spent a goodly amount of time researching alternative treatment centres recently, from the CSS Canser Clinics in New York that seem to specialize in Radiation Ablation therapy to a Mexican hospital called the Oasis of Hope that combines chemotherapy with a variety of naturopathic-type treatments meant to make the chemo more effective. I even looked into the Gerson clinic, which seems to have good results but relies heavily on juicing and coffee enemas. And I'm not going to lie, when reading their website the fact that right off the bat they suggest juicing 13 times a day (equivalent to 15lbs of produce per day) and up to 5 COFFEE ENEMAS A DAY, I got a little scared off. Honestly? When on earth would one find time to get off the toilet and LIVE?  Who knows, I may one day eat my words and find myself that desperate, but it hasn't happened yet. But I do want to thank everyone for all your suggestions and stories of hope - they are exactly what I want and need at this time. No more doom and gloom for awhile from this girl, it serves no purpose. 

Take care everyone - time to get some stuff done. I'm awake so why waste time? 








No comments:

Post a Comment