Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ice Cream Anyone?

Ok, I need to vent. I know this seems silly with everything that is going on with my health but one thing that is driving me CRAZY is my hair. I know I should be thankful to have it but wow, the three shades are getting to me. I've taken to referring to my hair color as "Neopolitan". My natural grey-mixed roots, then the cinnamon-twix and finally the blonde highlights that have yet to grow out. Sigh. Seriously, take a look at this:


Honestly, what is a girl supposed to do with THAT? And according to my dear, sweet hair stylist Dwayne, my only option is a dark cinnamon wash because it isn't as harsh as any of the other color treatments. This would be bad enough, but because of chemo I can't get:
  •  massages
  •  manicures
  •  pedicures
  •  body scrubs
  •  body wraps
  •  chemical peels
  •  eyebrow waxes
And I should avoid:
  • pools and/or
  • hot tubs
Seriously? How is a girl supposed to relax, unwind and have fun? One thing I know for sure is that one MUST-HAVE in our next house will be a giant jet-tub, complete with mood-lighting and a shelf to hold my non-alcoholic girly-drinks. 


1 comment:

  1. Crazy! When you most need to be kind to yourself and to relax, so many of the tools are denied. With my port I couldn't relax in a tub either and showers were difficult, too. I could watch movies for a mental escape.

    ReplyDelete