Tuesday 4 September 2012

The End of Summer...

Just a quick update to let everyone know how I am doing. Once again I apologize for the delayed post, but have been under the weather for the past several days...
I had very high hopes for this weekend - being the last official weekend of summer and the weather being incredibly cooperative - unfortunately my summer cold escalated on Sunday to the point that Tim took me to the Cambridge ER to get me checked out.  Too bad too, because our weekend started out great, with a date night out at Wildfire on Friday night, then cocktails on the front porch and Saturday we spent the day golfing Savannah with Ryan and Tracy. Afterward, we went to their house and had pizza on the deck before watching "Old School" - one of Tim's favorites because he is a HUGE Will Farrell fan. It turned into a late night (by my standards anyway) and we didn't get home until well after midnight. And wow, I paid for it the next day - I barely slept that night and woke up feeling like death. Tim and I were a little worried that the cough I had been fighting all week might be bacterial, so we headed to the Cambridge Emergency Department on Sunday morning at around 9am.  They did some chest x-rays (which were clear) and blood tests (which were my real concern) which turned out fine.  I was worried because this week I have my first chemo in Cambridge and it has already been delayed three days due to the short week, so I didn't want to have to delay it any further in the event that my white blood cell count had been compromised by infection.  The good news is that they sent me away with a script for Levaquin as a "just in case", that I haven't needed to fill because I felt so much better yesterday.  I have spent most of the last two days sleeping and trying to get my body ready for Chemo #18 - not what I had in mind. Bah.  Whatever.
So today was a special day for two reasons:
1) My good friend Nancy is back to work after battling and BEATING breast cancer for the past year - Congrats my dear friend and take it easy out there...
2) It was Avery's first day of Grade 1 at her new school.  I am pretty sure Daddy was even more excited than she was - evidenced by the fact that we ended up parked in front of the school at ten after eight even though school doesn't go in until 9am.  It was nice to explore the playground with her though, and see her excitement when Marley (one of her friends from outside of school) showed up and she was no longer "alone".  
Tim is at a dinner meeting tonight and I would love to catch up with my girls tonight, but unfortunately, this flu has decided to head south, if you catch my drift and I plan on spending the evening relaxing on the sofa with my dog, a good book and some tea.  I hope you are all well.
Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment