Monday 10 September 2012

Weekend Update

Well Everyone,
It was a pretty quiet weekend for the family. It was wet and cool this weekend, so we spent Saturday in, which was perfect for me because I had a great little nap mid-afternoon to re-charge.  Sunday morning I woke up to discover that my chemo pump was leaking - awesome. Good news is that between Tim and I, we make a pretty good MacGyver wanna-be. Thank goodness for cuticle scissors and medical-grade tape. Crisis averted. 
After we got my pump working again, we headed out to the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory, which might have been one of the coolest things I have every seen. Loved it! LOVED IT!


Just some of my favorite pics:

Before they become flutter-bies!

Monarchs that were released on the weekend to fly to Mexico


Riley's reaction to the first butterfly swooping down at him...he didn't love it.

They were everywhere - it was amazing!



And a few of the displays...



Overall, it was a phenomenal day, and I recommend it to anyone who loves nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment