Monday 23 January 2012

New Phone

Everyone,
Ok, lots to tell you and little time to do it, so this will be short and sweet.
First of all as you all know, Friday morning I washed my damn Blackberry with my dishes. It was a company cell phone and I’m not sure when they will replace it since I am on disability, so I bought a new one today. My new number is 306-203-6648 and PIN is 281B4522. Please add me at your leisure.
Tim and Nance were both in this weekend and we had a blast.  She and I spent most of our time on the sofa reliving our old JOI days while Tim waited on us hand and foot.  She also lent her expertise at Pink Tree – she helped me (FINALLY) pick a wig and commit to it...as well as a few sexy new bandanas. I will look like a rock star thanks to you, Spanks. I tried them on for Tim on Skype tonight and he instantly went into a (really questionable) rendition of Sweet Child of Mine! Most of you are rolling your eyes right now, but I love it!
I am getting ready for Chemo #2 tomorrow and in preparation had to go in for some blood work today. Unfortunately my hemoglobin is extremely low again, lower than it’s been since before my surgery.  (Certainly makes sense considering my lack of energy and recent bouts of breathlessness.) This you can imagine is a little frustrating for me since I discussed this very thing with my oncologist in the middle of December, requesting at the suggestion of my surgeon to have a blood transfusion. I was denied, told he would consult a hemotologist and get back to me. I heard nothing and today, was asked by my oncology nurse why I haven’t been taking iron supplements in the interim. Hmmm....I don’t know? Maybe because there was no clear direction to do so??? SO, long story short, I will still have my regularly scheduled chemo treatment tomorrow, but it will be followed by 4 hours of blood transfusions at RUH on Wednesday. Awesome.  Insert sarcasm here.
So Kristie and Marlys are on Chemo duty this time and then my dad is coming in tomorrow afternoon to take over for the week.  I am hoping beyond hope that Chemo Day is as pleasant this time as the last. Please know that I will be thinking of all of you and channelling your positive vibes.  Feel free to text or BBM – my most recent contact list went down the drain on Friday and I fear I have lost some of you.
Love and hugs,
Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment