Sunday 21 October 2012

Trick or Treat



All,
Just a quick up-date to let you all know that I have arrived safe and sound in Saskatoon - greeted by the "crisp" Prairie air and content in the knowledge that in my suitcase waits my favorite pair of long underwear. Hawt, right? Tim, you are one lucky man.

The weekend was a good one for the James-Bender clan - we got the opportunity to celebrate Halloween early thanks to Riley's daycare provider Sheila. She threw a kid's party on Saturday night at one of the local community centres and we had a great time!  We didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked but I promise I will do much better on the 31st.

The Deputy Sheriff and his sidekick

Nothing better than pizza with a spider the size of a smart car on the wall behind you.





There's a new Sheriff in town...

Avery our little Spider Witch

Riley hammering the piniatta


Avers got the first apple she bobbed for!



 My schedule for this trip to Saskatoon includes bloodwork and a chemo review tomorrow and then chemo on Tuesday morning. I hope to see as many of you as I can before I leave Wednesday morning. It's a quick trip I know, but after the side effects I suffered last treatment, I thought I better get out while the getting was good and before the nausea kicked in.

I also wanted to let you all know that I recently got a new cell phone. Same number just easier for these poor old fingers to type on. I am however using barbjames7@gmail.com as my main email address so please change me in your contacts.

Three of my favorite people on the planet have already or are about to celebrate their birthdays this week, Happy Birthday Anne, Parch and Telly!


Happy Birthday Anna-Bell. I miss you and think of you often...

Gotta' love that baby-face. Happy Birthday ChiChi!




Not everyday you get your picture taken with a celebrity, huh Tell?
This picture was taken almost exactly a year ago in NYC - 
We definitely left our mark on the Big Apple.
Happy Happy Birthday - hope you are enjoying San Fran!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment